Roasted Sweet Onion Spread
- 4 medium sweet onions
- 4 tsp olive oil
- 4 tsp honey
- 8 large garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Peel and quarter onions.
- Stir together oil and honey in a large bowl. Add onions and garlic, stirring to coat. Transfer mixture to a greased 2-quart baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, in a 350 degree oven for 30-40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from oven; let cool. Place in food processor or blender. Add salt and process until smooth.
- Serve on toast points or crusty French bread. Store any leftovers, covered in the refrigerator for up to one week.
Yield: 1 cup