Roasted Chicken Ricotta Pie
- 2-3 chicken breasts, bone-in and skin on
- butter, softened
- pie crust
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 cup minced onion
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 tsp salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 pound ricotta cheese
- 2 beaten eggs
- 3 TBSP flour
- 1/2 cup sharp cheese, grated
- 1 cup sour cream, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place chicken breasts (bone down) on greased rack of a shallow roasting pan. Rub butter underneath chicken skin. Roast until chicken is done. Allow to cool slightly. Discard chicken skin. Remove meat from bone, chopping into bite-sized pieces. Reduce oven temperature to 375 degrees.
- Melt butter in a medium skillet. Add onion and saute for 5 minutes over medium heat. Add parsley, salt, pepper and basil and cook, stirring often, for 1 minute more. Remove from heat.
- Combine ricotta, eggs, flour and sharp cheese in a large bowl. Add onion mixture and chopped chicken, mixing well.
- Spread mixture into unbaked pie shell. Top with sour cream, spread to the edges of the crust. Dust generously with paprika.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until firm to the touch at the center. Serve hot, warm or at room temperature.
Yield: 6 servings