Spinach Stuffed Pork Roll
- 1 (3-pound) boneless pork loin
- 1/2 pound ground mild or hot Italian sausage
- 1/2 cup cooked spinach
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup plain dry breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 2 TBSP minced fresh parsley
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- Soak three (9-inch) pieces of kitchen twine in water for one hour. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a shallow roasting pan and set aside.
- Make a lengthwise slit down the center of the pork that comes to 1/2-inch from the bottom. Lay the pork open and cover with heavy duty plastic wrap. With a meat mallet, flatten the pork slightly. Remove and discard the plastic wrap and set the pork aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the sausage, spinach, almonds, breadcrumbs, egg, parsley, and garlic. Mix well and spread over the flattened pork. Pull the pork together and place the seam side down on the prepared pan. Tie the pork with kitchen twine to secure.
- Bake 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until a meat thermometer inserted in the center registers 160 degrees F. Let stand 10 minutes. Snip off the kitchen twine and discard.
- Slice pork into 1-inch slices. Serve warm.
Yield: 8 - 10 servings