Crowder Pea Succotash
- 3 TBSPolive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 cups whole kernel sweet corn
- 2 cups cooked crowder peas
- 1/2 cup reserved crowder pea cooking liquid or vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1 TBSP chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Place the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. When hot, add the yellow onions and green peppers. Saute 8-10 minutes or until very tender. Stir in the red bell peppers and cook 1 minute longer.
- In a separate bowl, combine the corn, peas, cooking liquid, green onions, thyme, salt, and pepper. Add the pepper and onion mixture to the pea mixture and toss to combine. Serve warm.
Yield: 6 servings