Marinated Lima Beans
- 3 cups cooked lima beans
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2 TBSP chopped red bell peppers
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 TBSP prepared horseradish
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Place the beans, onions, and bell peppers in a medium bowl and toss gently to combine.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the vinegar, sugar, oil, horseradish, and pepper. Shake well to emulsify.
- Pour over the bean mixture. Serve immediately or cover, and refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- Toss gently and bring to room temperature before serving.
Yield: 6 servings