- 4 TBSP unsalted butter
- 3 bunches spinach, stems trimmed
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 large onion
- 1 TBSP ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground cardamom
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2 tomatoes, peeled, seeded and diced
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Saute spinach with salt just until leaves are wilted. Set aside.
- Melt remaining butter in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Saute onion until lightly browned.
- Lower heat, add ground spices and stir. Add cooked rice, tomatoes and spinach. Cook just enough to heat rice through, stirring well to combine.
- Serve warm with grilled fish or veal chops.
Yield: 2-4 servings