- 3 medium yellow squash, grated
- 3 medium zucchini, grated
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 sweet onion, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 TBSP sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 package (6-ounce) herb seasoned stuffing mix
- 1 cup panko
- Lightly grease a jelly-roll pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the yellow squash, zucchini, eggs, onions, butter, sugar, salt and pepper. Stir in the stuffing mix and mix well.
- Drop by heaping tablespoons into the panko and roll into balls. Place on the jelly-roll pan and freeze 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Bake frozen squash balls 30 minutes and serve warm.
- Excess squash croquettes can be stored in the freezer up to 6 months.
Yield: 8 servings