Beet Blackberry Jelly
- 3 cups strained beet juice
- 3 cups blackberry juice
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 2 packages Sure-Jell
- 8 cups granulated sugar
- 2 small boxes raspberry gelatin
- Put beet juice, lemon juice and Sure-Jell into a large pan. Boil for 1 minute, then add sugar and gelatin.
- Boil 5 to 6 minutes more, then pour into jelly glasses or 1/2 or pint jars. Seal with melted paraffin or process in a boiling water bath for ten minutes.
- Note: Cook the jelly either a shorter time for thinner jelly or a longer time for thicker jelly.
- Note:The lemon juice is necessary to raise the pH level to prohibit the formation of botulism organisms.
Yield: 10 1/2 pints