Chicken Breasts with Tomato Basil Glaze
- 4 tomatoes, chopped, including seeds
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 TBSP balsamic vinaigrette dressing
- 1/2 cup chicken broth, cream, or half-and-half
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 4-6 skin-on, bone-in chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- In a bowl, combine tomatoes, basil, garlic, broth, dressing, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Place olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Lightly season chicken with salt and pepper. Dust both sides with flour and shake off excess. When skillet is hot, add chicken. Cook, turning once, for about 3 minutes on each side until browned. Remove chicken from pan and wipe out any excess oil.
- Return pan to heat and add chicken, skin side up. Spoon tomato mixture around chicken. Bring to a low boil, cover and decrease heat to achieve a simmer.
- Cook for about 14 minutes or until the internal temperature registers 160 degrees on an instant-read thermometer.
- Transfer to warmed dinner plates and sprinkle with cheese. Serve at once.
Yield: 4-6 servings