Cilantro Swirled Pumpkin Soup
- 5 cups pumpkin puree
- 2 TBSP finely minced ginger
- 6 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 cup cilantro sprigs
- 2 TBSP freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Place pumpkin puree in food processor or electric blender. Add ginger and enough broth and cream to liquefy. You should have 12 cups of liquid.
- Pour into saucepan and add nutmeg, salt and pepper. Bring soup to a simmer and adjust seasonings (especially salt).
- Meanwhile, set aside half of yogurt and place in squirt bottle. Place remaining yogurt in bowl of food processor with cilantro and lemon juice. Blend to liquefy. Transfer to squirt bottle.
- Serve soup in heated soup bowls and decorate tops with dots of cilantro puree and swirls of yogurt. Serve at once.
- Serving suggestion: pair with a green salad and hot sourdough rolls.
Yield: 10-12 servings