Green Grits Casserole
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup quick-cooking grits
- 1 package (5.2-ounce) boursin cheese
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 6 green onion tops, chopped
- 8 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly grease a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- In a Dutch oven, bring stock, garlic, salt and pepper to a boil over medium-high heat. Gradually stir in grits, cover and reduce heat to a simmer. Cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, mix together cheese, milk, eggs, parsley and onions.
- When grits are done, stir in cheese mixture. Pour into prepared pan and top with crumbled bacon. Bake 1 hour or until set. Serve warm.
Yield: 8 servings