- 1 pound peaches, peeled, pitted and chopped
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 TBSP white vinegar
- 1 tsp grated orange rind
- 1/8 tsp ground allspice
- Combine peaches and orange juice in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and cook uncovered for 10 minutes or until peaches are soft, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
- Position knife blade in food processor bowl. Add peach mixture and process until smooth.
- Return mixture to saucepan. Stir in sugar and remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and cook uncovered for 15 minutes or until thickened, stirring often. Remove from heat; cool.
- Chill 3 hours before serving. Store in the refrigerator.
Yield: 1-2/3 cups