Tropical Island Salsa with Flat Bread Triangles
- 3 cups diced papaya
- 1 cup diced mango
- 1/2 cup diced kiwi
- 1/4 cup champagne or white wine
- 1-1/2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon jalapeno pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon minced cilantro
- sugar to taste
- Flat Bread Triangles:
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 packet (1/4 oz) dry active or quick rise yeast
- 1-1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup very warm water (125 degrees)
- 2 TBSP vegetable oil
- Place papaya, mango, kiwi, champagne, vinegar, pepper and cilantro in large serving bowl. Stir to mix and add sugar as necessary. Cover and allow flavors to meld at least 8 hours or overnight in the refrigerator.
- In medium bowl, stir together 1 cup of flour with yeast and salt. Mix well. Add water and oil and mix until almost smooth. Gradually stir in enough of remaining flour to make a firm dough.
- Cover and let rest for 15 minutes. With greased hands or floured rolling pin, spread dough into greased pizza pan.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes or until flat bread is light brown and edges are crisp.
- Cut with a pizza cutter into triangles and serve with salsa.
Yield: 12 servings