Butter Brickle Loaf Cake
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 package (18.25 oz.) yellow cake mix
- 1 package (3.4 oz.) vanilla instant pudding mix
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp butter flavoring, or vanilla extract
- 1 cup almond brickle chips
- Bake pecans on a baking sheet at 350 degrees for 5 minutes, or until toasted, stirring once. Set aside.
- Beat cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, water and oil at medium speed with an electric mixer for about 2 minutes. Stir in almond brickle chips just until blended.
- Sprinkle toasted chopped pecans evenly over bottoms of 2 lightly greased 9 x 5-inch loaf pans. Pour cake batter evenly over pecans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 55 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pans and cool completely.
- Serving suggestion: Serve with butter curls or caramel sauce. These loaves freeze for up to 3 months by wrapping tightly in plastic wrap and heavy-duty aluminum foil.
Yield: 2 loaf cakes