- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg plus 1TBSP nutmeg
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup eggnog
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 large egg yolks
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon and 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg. Mix well and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream sugar and butter to form a grainy paste. Add eggnog, vanilla and yolks. Beat at medium speed until smooth. Add flour mixture and beat on low speed just until combined. Do not over mix.
- Drop rounded teaspoonfuls onto a greased baking sheet one inch apart. Sprinkle lightly with remaining nutmeg.
- Bake for 23-25 minutes or until bottoms turn light brown. Transfer to a wire rack immediately to cool.
Yield: 3 dozen