Apple Streusel Muffins
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 medium apple, chopped (1 cup)
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Streusel Topping
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 TBSP butter, softened
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease muffins cups.
- Stir together flour, apple and sugar in mixing bowl.
- Beat egg in separate bowl; stir in milk and oil. Add liquid mixture to dry ingredients, stirring just until blended. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling each 2/3 full.
- Combine all ingredients of topping (except pecans) with a pastry blender. Add pecans and stir well. Sprinkle evenly over muffins.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown.
Yield: 12 medium muffins