- 1 package frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 TBSP freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place puff pastry sheets on a lightly floured work surface. With a sharp knife, cut each sheet crosswise into 1/2 inch wide strips. Roll each strip into a cylinder, approximately 9-1/2 inches long.
- In a shallow dish, combine cheese, sesame seeds, pepper and salt.
- Dip each pastry cylinder into eggs, then dredge in cheese mixture. Set aside on a floured work surface until all cylinders are coated.
- Put ends of 3 cylinders together and pinch tightly. Braid then shape into a heart. Pinch end to secure. Repeat with remaining puff pastry. Place each heart on the prepared baking sheet and refrigerate for 20 minutes. Bake braided hearts for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
Yield: 12 hearts