Yellow Squash Jam
- 6 cups grated yellow squash
- 6 cups sugar
- 2 TBSP lemon juice
- 1 can (20 oz.) crushed pineapple, not drained
- 1 package (6 oz) peach jello
- 2 pouches liquid pectin
- In a large saucepan, add one cup of water to squash, bring to a boil, and cook for six minutes.
- Add sugar, lemon juice, pineapple and jello to squash. Return to a rolling boil and cook for six more minutes.
- Add pectin all at once, then return to a rolling boil. Boil for ONE minute.
- Remove from heat; pack in 1/2 or pint jars. Seal and process in a canning water bath for 10 to 12 minutes. (Start timing after water begins to boil vigorously.) Remove from water, turn upside down for 15 minutes (so that fruit pieces don't rise to the top), then return to upright position. Make sure lids have sunk in to assure a firm vacuum seal.
Yield: 8 1/2 pints