Cider Baked Pork Chops
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp white pepper
- 6 pork chops (1/2-inch thick)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 medium apples, cored and unpeeled
- 2 cups apple cider, divided
- 3 TBSP brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground allspice
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine flour, salt, paprika and pepper in a shallow bowl. Remove 1-1/2 tablespoons and set aside.
- Dredge pork chops in remaining mixture. Brown in oil in a large skillet.
- Arrange chops in a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish. Slice apples and place on top of chops. Pour 1-1/2 cups of cider over apples. Combine sugar and allspice; sprinkle over apples. Bake, uncovered for one hour or until chops are tender.
- Remove chops and apples to a serving platter. Dissolve reserved flour mixture in remaining 1/2 cup of cider. Combine flour mixture and pan drippings in a saucepan; cook over medium heat until thickened, stirring constantly. Spoon sauce over the pork chops.
Yield: 6 servings