- 8 ounces boneless oven roasted chicken or ham
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced and divided
- 2 TBSPbutter
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 (8-ounce) can refrigerated crescent rolls
- 4 slices Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup plain breadcrumbs
- chicken gravy
- 1/4 cup green onions
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium pan, melt butter and saute mushroom slices until wilted and slightly under-cooked. Add pepper and set aside.
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Separate dough into 4 rectangles. Firmly press perforations to seal. Press each to a 6 x 5-inch rectangle. Top each to within 1/2 inch of edge with slice of meat, cheese and mushrooms. Reserve remaining mushrooms for gravy. Fold dough in half, forming a square and pinch edges to seal.
- Brush each calzone with egg and coat with breadcrumbs. Place on baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes or until deep golden brown. Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, combine gravy and reserved mushrooms.
- Cook over medium heat until hot, stirring occasionally. Serve gravy over calzones and sprinkle with onions and paprika.
Yield: 4 servings