Exotic Mushroom Pasta
- 3 TBSP olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 4 cups fresh, minced mushrooms
- 2 cups vegetable or beef stock
- 1/2 tsp chopped fresh thyme
- 4-6 TBSP unsalted butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet and saute garlic and onion for 3-5 minutes. Add mushrooms and saute until they are brown and withered. Add stock and thyme, cover pan and cook over low heat for 20-30 minutes.
- Stir in butter, 1 tablespoon at a time until it is thoroughly blended. Add salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately over hot cooked pasta.
Yield: 6-8 servings