- 12 slices white bread, crust removed
- 1 (8 oz) container low-fat cream cheese, whipped
- 2 TBSP chives, chopped
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 24 fresh asparagus spears, partially cooked
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Using a rolling pin, flatten each slice of bread.
- Combine whipped cream cheese, chives and bacon, stirring well. Spread bread with cheese mixture, covering to edges. Place two spears on each slice of bread. Roll up and place seam side down on a greased baking sheet.
- Brush each with butter and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake for 12 minutes. Serve immediately.
Yield: 12 servings