Fresh and Dried Apple Dressing
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped yellow onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tart apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 cup chopped dried apples
- 3 TBSP dried currants or raisins
- 1 TBSP finely chopped fresh sage
- 1 cup cider
- freshly ground pepper
- Warm olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and saute for about 5 minutes.
- Add ginger and fresh apples and saute for 3-5 minutes. Add dried apples, currants and sage and stir well.
- Pour in cider and raise heat to medium high. Cook, stirring occasionally until cider is absorbed, about 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with roasted pork tenderloin medallions.
Yield: 6 servings