- 2 cups minced, mixed fresh herbs (sage, basil, chives, parsley, chervil)
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 4 sprigs fresh oregano
- 12 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 8 large ripe tomatoes, cored
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- In a large baking dish, combine the mixed herbs, thyme, oregano and garlic. Pour oil and broth over the herbs.
- Place the tomatoes, stem sides down, in the baking dish. Place in the oven and bake for 1 hour.
- Remove the tomatoes from the oil and serve hot or at room temperature.
Yield: 8 servings