Bananas Foster Tart
- pie crust
- 2 medium bananas, cut into 1/4-inch thick slices
- 4-1/2 tsp light rum
- 2 tsp grated orange peel
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- vanilla ice cream, optional
- Prepare pie crust for one-crust baked shell.
- In a small bowl, combine bananas and rum. Toss to coat.
- Sprinkle orange peel evenly over bottom of baked crust. Arrange bananas in a single layer over peel and sprinkle with pecans.
- In a medium saucepan, combine brown sugar, whipping cream and butter. Cook and stir over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes or until mixture comes to a boil. Cook an additional 2-4 minutes or until mixture is thickened and a deep golden brown, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Spoon warm filling over bananas and pecans. Cool 30 minutes.
- Serve warm or cool. Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Store leftovers in the refrigerator.
Yield: 8 servings