Gingerbread Reindeer Cookies
- 1 package (14 oz) gingerbread mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- small pretzel twists
- brown and red jelly beans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine gingerbread mix, eggs and oil; stir until a soft dough forms.
- For each cookie, place a 1/2-inch ball of dough on a greased baking sheet. Flatten ball into a 3-inch oval shape. Use fingers to press in sides of cookie about 1/3 from one end of cookie to resemble reindeer face. Press pretzels into cookies for "antlers". Press jelly beans into cookies for "eyes" and "nose".
- Bake 9 - 11 minutes or until bottoms of cookies are firm. Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool. For best results, allow cookie sheet to cool between batches.
Yield: 1 dozen