Lemon Soaked Pound Cake
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 5 eggs, room temperature
- 1 tsp lemon extract
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup steeped herbal lemon tea
- 1 cup sugar
- onfectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease a Bundt cake pan and dust with flour. Sift together flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Cream butter and 1-1/2 cups sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add extract. On low speed, gradually beat in dry ingredients just until batter is evenly mixed.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 40-50 minutes or until a pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- In the meantime, make syrup by combining juice, tea and remaining sugar in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and cook until the syrup thickens, at least 5 minutes. Remove pan from heat and allow to cool.
- Let cake cool in pan 10 minutes. Pierce flat side of cake all over with a toothpick. Slowly pour syrup over cake. Allow cake to cool completely in pan. When ready to serve, transfer to serving plate and dust with confectioner's sugar.
Yield: 8 servings