Strawberry Rhubarb Cobbler
- 2 cups (about 1 pound) cubed rhubarb
- 2 cups strawberries, washed, capped and halved
- 1 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 TBSP quick-cooking tapioca
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 TBSP butter
- pastry for one (8-inch) pie
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a medium bowl and toss gently. Spoon into a lightly greased 8-inch square baking dish. Dot with butter.
- Roll dough to 1/8-inch thickness on a lightly floured surface. Cut into 1/2-inch wide strips with a knife or pastry wheel. Arrange in a lattice design over rhubarb mixture.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until pastry is golden brown.
Yield: 6 servings