- 4 cups diced, seeded watermelon
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 TBSP lemon juice
- dash of salt
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 cup whipping cream
- Combine first four ingredients in large bowl. Cover and chill for 30 minutes.
- Process watermelon mixture in a blender until smooth and return to bowl.
- Sprinkle gelatin over cold water in a saucepan. Let stand 1 minute. Cook over low heat, stirring until gelatin dissolves (about 2 minutes). Add to watermelon mixture, stirring well. Add whipping cream and beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy.
- Pour mixture into freezer container of ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer's directions.
Yield: 4 cups