Avocado Fries with Cilantro Dipping Sauce
- 4 avocados, pits removed and cut into slices
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups Panko crumbs
- 2 tsp garlic powder, divided
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp onion salt
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sour cream or plain Greek yogurt
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 TBSP cilantro, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees and coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Place the flour in a zip-top bag and add the avocado slices. Seal and shake to coat.
- In a small bowl, whisk together eggs and 2 tablespoons of water. In a shallow bowl, stir together the bread crumbs, half of the garlic powder, chili powder, and salt.
- Dip the avocado slices into the egg wash and toss them into the crumb mixture being sure to coat well. Place the avocados in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet and spray generously with cooking spray. Bake for 10-14 minutes until crispy and browned.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, lime juice, remaining garlic powder and cilantro. Serve warm with dipping sauce.
Yield: 4-6 servings