Easy Chocolate Truffles
- 12 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely ground
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 4 TBSP softened butter
- 1/4 cup Amaretto
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- Line an 8x8-inch baking pan with plastic wrap or waxed paper and set aside.
- Place ground chocolate in a medium mixing bowl and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat cream to boiling over high heat. Remove from heat and add butter, stirring to combine. Pour over chocolate and continue stirring until all chocolate is melted. Add liqueur. Pour chocolate into prepared baking pan and spread evenly. Refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- Place pecans and cocoa on separate sheets of waxed paper.
- Invert cold chocolate block onto a cutting board and peel away plastic. Cut into 8 strips and cut each strip into 8 squares. Roll half of squares in nuts and the remaining in cocoa. Store in a tightly covered container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Yield: 64 truffles