Herb Baked Eggplant
- 1 pound eggplant (cut into 1/2-inch slices)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 TBSP fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- coarse salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Pour oil into a baking pan. Dip eggplant slices in oil, coating both sides and bake for 10 minutes. Remove pan from oven and turn slices over. Cook for 10 minutes more.
- Remove slices to a platter, and sprinkle with lemon juice, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Serve at room temperature with roasted chicken or turkey.
Yield: 3 servings