Margarita Chicken Pasta Salad
- 10 ounces (4 cups) cooked rainbow rotini
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken strips
- 1 package (1.25 ounce) dry taco seasoning mix
- 1 TBSP vegetable oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 can (15-ounce) black beans, rinsed and drained
- Margarita Dressing:
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3 TBSP fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 4 tsp margarita mix
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 jalapeno peppers
- Combine chicken and taco seasoning mix in a food storage bag. Shake to coat.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil over medium heat until hot. Add chicken and cook for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown and no longer pink.
- Move chicken onto paper towels to drain. If needed, add a little more vegetable oil to skillet. Add onion and red bell pepper. Cook until onion is translucent.
- For dressing, place all ingredients in a food processor and blend 30 seconds.
- In a large serving bowl, combine cooked rotini, beans and dressing. Toss to coat. Fold in cooked chicken. Serve warm or cold.
Yield: 6 servings