- 2 large sweet onions, sliced
- 5 TBSP unsalted butter
- 5 TBSP extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 each yellow, red and green bell pepper, seeded, deribbed and cut in strips
- 5 Roma tomatoes, peeled, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 TBSP balsamic vinegar
- salt to taste
- 1 TBSP water
- Put onions in a large saucepan and cook over medium heat until the moisture is released and evaporated, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add butter and olive oil and cook for 6-8 minutes or until onions are golden brown.
- Add peppers and tomatoes. Cook for 4-5 minutes or until the water from vegetables is evaporated.
- Add vinegar and salt. Cook 3-4 minutes or until vinegar is absorbed.
- Add water, cover and cook for 5 minutes or until completely heated through. Serve hot with meat or cold as an appetizer.
Yield: 4 servings