Puffed Pear Pancake
- 1 ripe pear, thinly sliced
- 2 TBSP sugar
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp pure almond or vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 TBSP unsalted butter
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Place a 12-inch skillet in the oven to warm as it preheats.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, toss the pear slices with the sugar and cinnamon and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, eggs, milk, extract and salt until smooth.
- Remove the skillet from the oven and add the butter, swirling until melted. Arrange the pears in a single layer in the skillet and pour the batter over the top.
- Bake 25 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Serve immediately with maple syrup.
Yield: 4 servings