Savory Cheese Pastries
- 1-1/4 cups cottage cheese
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 2/3 cup plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup cream cheese
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- 8 ounces phyllo dough, thawed
- 2/3 cup melted butter
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Generously grease a 13 x 9-inch baking pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, blend together first 9 ingredients until smooth.
- Unfold phyllo sheets. Use only one sheet at a time and keep remaining sheets covered with a damp tea towel to keep from drying out. Place one sheet in bottom of prepared pan. Using a pastry brush, lightly brush phyllo with butter. Lay a second sheet on top of first and brush with butter. Spread a cup of filling evenly over phyllo.
- Continue layering 2 sheets of phyllo brushed with butter and filling until all is used, ending with 2 sheets of phyllo. Brush top with melted butter. With a sharp knife, randomly poke holes in pastry.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 400 degrees, then reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees. Bake an additional 45 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and cool at least 10 minutes before cutting into squares.
Yield: 24 squares