Spicy Tomato and Pepper Salad
- 4 cups peeled, seeded and cubed tomatoes
- 2-1/2 cups roasted, peeled and julienned green bell pepper
- 3 cups halved and sliced cucumbers
- 2 TBSP seeded and minced fresh red chili or jalapeno pepper
- 1 TBSP fresh lemon juice
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 TBSP minced garlic
- 2 TBSP coarsely chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 2 TBSP coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- freshly ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the tomato, pepper, cucumber and chili pepper.
- In a small bowl, whisk the lemon juice, oil, cumin and garlic.
- Pour the dressing over the vegetables and toss gently. Fold in the parsley, cilantro, salt and pepper.
- Chill until ready to serve.
Yield: 8 servings