Tomato Pesto Tart
- 1 (15-ounce) package refrigerated pie crust
- 2 cups (8-ounces) shredded Mozzarella cheese, divided
- 5 Roma tomatoes, sliced
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 TBSP pesto
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 3 TBSP chopped fresh basil
- Unfold pie crusts and stack on a lightly floured surface. Roll into a 12-inch circle and transfer to a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Brush outer inch of crust with water and crimp; prick bottom. Bake at 400 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with 1 cup of mozzarella. Allow to cool for 15 minutes on a wire rack.
- Stir together remaining cup of mozzarella and next 4 ingredients. Spread evenly over melted cheese in the baked crust. Top with tomato slices.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Sprinkle with chopped basil and serve.
Yield: 8 servings