Brussels Sprouts and Walnut Salad
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 TBSP lemon juice or balsamic vinegar
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- chopped kale, optional
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Place the cranberries, oil and vinegar or juice in a jar with a tight-fitting lid. Cover and let sit at room temperature for at least 1 hour, shaking occasionally.
- Meanwhile, finely chop the sprouts or coarsely chop in a food processor. Place in a serving bowl along with the walnuts and kale if desired.
- Season with the salt and pepper, then toss with the cranberry mixture.
- Let stand for at least 15 minutes before serving.
Yield: 4 servings