Stir-Fried Sesame Zucchini
- 2 pounds medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 tsp salt
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 3 TBSP vegetable oil
- 1 TBSP sesame oil
- 2-1/2 TBSP sesame seeds, roasted
- In a large bowl, sprinkle zucchini with 1-1/2 teaspoons salt; toss well and set aside for 30-40 minutes. Drain thoroughly and pat dry.
- Place vegetable oil in wok and set over high heat. When oil has heated, add garlic, stirring once or twice or until the garlic begins to color. Add zucchini and stir-fry for 4-5 minutes or until zucchini are just done.
- Add the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, scallion and sesame oil and then stir. Add roasted sesame seeds, stirring again.
Yield: 6 servings