- All-America Selections National and Regional Winners offer gardeners reliable new varieties that have proven their superior garden performance in Trial Grounds across the country.
- The 2022 AAS Edible Vegetable Winner Pepper Dragonfly F1 transforms from a green into a purple fruit. The 4-lobed fruits don't fade, and when left on the vine turn a bright red color.
- Fig trees attract very few pests or diseases. 'Chicago Hardy' and 'Brown Turkey' are among the most cold hardy.
- CORYLUS americana (American Hazelnut) is able to thrive in a wide range of conditions and is highly attractive to wildlife. It is wind-pollinated, thus 3-5 shrubs are recommended for optimal nut production.
- Candle Fire Hybrid Okra is 4-5 inches long, and produce in abundance on 24-inch plants. 2017 AAS Winner.
- To use rosemary stems for meat or vegetable skewers, strip the leaves. Soak the stems in water for an hour to prevent them from burning on the grill.
all-americaseletions.org for a Complete AAS Winners list. https://utgardens.tennessee.edu Gardens are open 365 days/year. 2518 Jacob Drive, Knoxville TN 37996