- Root Nashville is a public private campaign, led by Metro Nashville and the Cumberland River Compact, to plant 500,000 trees across Davidson County by 2050. (Launched 10/3/18.)
- A single 10' maple tree intercepts over 1.500 gallons of storm water a year.
- A raised gravel bed like this should safely hold plant stock for up to 3-6 months.
- Trees that are 1" caliper by one year after planting will count towards the half million goal.
- Bare root stock is typically 1/4 the cost of ball and burlap.