Christmas Crescent Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup finely-chopped walnuts
- 1-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar, plus more for sprinkling
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Beat butter, shortening and granulated sugar in bowl of electric mixer until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Beat in nuts. Add flour and salt; beat on low until combined. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Roll dough into 1/2-inch thick rope. Cut into 2-inch lengths. Form dough into crescents; place on ungreased baking sheet. Bake until set, but not browned, 14-16 minutes.
- Cool 5 minutes on sheet, then move to wire rack until completely cooled.
- Sift together confectioner's sugar and cinnamon. Dip cookies into mixture while still warm. Cool completely.
Yield: 5 dozen