Green Tomato and Strawberry Jam
- 5 cups pureed green tomatoes
- 6 cups sugar
- 2 TBSP lemon juice
- 1 pouch liquid pectin
- 1 box (6 oz.) strawberry jello
- Quarter green tomatoes and cook until soft.
- Puree with juice in blender until smooth. Return to pot and add sugar and lemon juice. (Optional: Add 1/2 tsp butter to reduce foaming.)
- Bring to medium boil and boil for 6 minutes. Add strawberry jello and liquid pectin. Return to rolling boil and boil for one minute. Remove from heat.
- Put in 1/2 or pint jars;. Seal. Process in boiling water bath for 10 minutes. Note: Lemon juice is essential to raise the pH and keep botulism organisms from forming.
- Serve with sliced corned beef, ham and biscuits, or crackers.
Yield: 8 of 1/2 pint jars