Fresh Blueberry Crumble
- 4-1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 TBSP lemon juice
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats, uncooked
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- whipped cream (optional)
- sprigs of fresh mint (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine blueberries, 1/2 cup sugar and lemon juice. Place in a lightly greased 8-inch square baking dish.
- Combine oats, flour, brown sugar and cinnamon. Cut in butter with a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse meal. Sprinkle over berry mixture.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Serve warm or cold in individual bowls. Garnish with whipped cream and sprigs of fresh mint.
Yield: 6 servings