- 1 pound red roma tomatoes, quartered lengthwise and cored
- 4 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- 1 TBSP herbes de Provence
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 pound fresh Mozzarella
- fresh basil leaves
- extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Place tomatoes on parchment paper in a single layer on a sheet pan. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil and sprinkle with herbes de Provence, salt and pepper. Bake tomatoes for 3 to 4 hours or until their edges shrivel up and centers are still slightly moist. Transfer to a plate to cool.
- In a food processor, blend the tomatoes with garlic and remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil until finely chopped. Season again with salt and pepper.
- Slice mozzarella into rounds and place on a water cracker or crostini. Spread with tomato tapenade on each round and drizzle with extra oil.
- Garnish with basil and serve.
Yield: 16 servings