Yellow Squash Soup
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1-1/2 pounds yellow crookneck or straight neck squash, shredded
- 3 TBSP chives, finely chopped
- 3-1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1 TBSP lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add squash and 2 tablespoons of chives. Saute until just softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add chicken stock and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Place in a blender or food processor and process until pureed.
- Refrigerate until cool. Whisk in lemon juice, sour cream, salt and pepper until well combined. Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Ladle into serving bowls and garnish with remaining chives.
Yield: 4-6 servings