Fresh Corn Bisque
- 1 TBSP vegetable oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 4 cups corn
- 2 Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and diced
- 4 poblano chiles, roasted, peeled, seeded and diced
- 2 red bell peppers, roasted, peeled, seeded and diced
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups whipping cream
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 2 tsp ground cumin, toasted
- 1 tsp chopped fresh cilantro
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup sour cream for garnish
- cilantro sprigs for garnish
- Heat oil in a stockpot over medium-high heat. When hot, add onions and garlic. Saute for 2 minutes. Add wine and reduce until about 1/4 cup remains.
- Add corn, potatoes, chiles, peppers and stock. Simmer until potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Using an immersion blender, puree. If doing without an immersion blender, mixture will need to be completely cooled then pureed in a blender.
- Return to stockpot. Add cream and reduce over medium-high heat for about 15 minutes. Add lime juice, cumin and cilantro. Mix well and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream and cilantro sprigs.
Yield: 8 servings