- Fertilize the rose at the time of planting, and again after every flush of blooms.
- The ultimate goal of rose pruning is to maintain a 'V' formation between several, evenly spaced major canes that sprout from the ground.
- Mills Magic Rose Mix contains alfalfa meal, fishmeal, cottonseed meal, blood meal, steamed bone meal and activated biosolids.
- Rose rosette disease is a condition that causes roses to grow strangely deformed stems, leaves, and flowers.
- 3 in 1 rose spray contains insecticide, fungicide, and miticide. It can be used in organic gardening.
- The larvae of the adult rose sawfly eat rose bush leaves. They can be as much as 3/4" long. They are olive in color with a head of orangey-brown.
- Spinosad is a natural substance made by a soil bacterium that can be toxic to insects. The active ingredients in insecticidal soap are potassium salts of fatty acids. It kills soft-bodied garden pests such as aphids on contact.