- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 4 green onions, minced
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 4 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Place oil in a large saucepan and heat over medium heat. When hot, saute green onions and garlic. Add thyme, lemon juice, vinegar, and pepper and cook a few more minutes. Add mushrooms and continue to cook until all liquid has evaporated.
- Allow to cool slightly and transfer to a food processor. Use the pulse button and process until coarsely chopped. Do not over process.
- Serve at room temperature with low-sodium crackers.
Yield: 8 servings